Trane (Schweiz) GmbH Dietikon, Switzerland
Service Administration Support October 2013 – Present
Temporary Contractor (with Randstad) Apr – Sept 2013
Support Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable for the company office that provides installation and repair services for commercial and industrial air conditioning systems. Main tasks involve issuing invoices. Support sales team with marketing efforts, including designing, developing and distributing communications materials. Research advertising and PR opportunities.
Swiss Business School Kloten-Zurich, Switzerland
Freelance Lecturer (part-time) Sept 2012 – May 2014
Taught students pursuing their Bachelor’s in Business Administration (BBA) and Master’s in International Business (MIB) degrees. Designed and developed course curriculum that allows students to use several skillsets at once (listening skills, conversational skills, and writing skills) for Introduction to Marketing, Public Relations, Communication Skills, Commercial Correspondence and English. Core goals included preparing students to write referenced research papers and business presentations.
Lunacy Black Market (Sold) Atlanta, Ga., USA
General Manager/Owner Dec 2009 – Aug 2012
Established this profitable start-up small plates restaurant in downtown Atlanta on a shoestring budget. It broke even in its first year open. The restaurant has been voted one of Creative Loafing’s Best Of 2010 & 2011, one of Atlanta Magazine’s Best New restaurants in 2010 and one of Knife & Fork’s Best New restaurants in 2010.
Marketing & Online Creative. Established, managed and maintained website. Delivered content and managed social media outlets to drive restaurant awareness (including Facebook Page and Twitter accounts). Stayed within an extremely tight advertising budget and relied upon low-cost PR to advance marketing efforts.
Akaku: Maui Community Television Kahului, Hi., USA
Communications Director & Communications Consultant Oct 2007 – Dec 2009
Managed communications strategy operations with external and internal audiences. Developed a strategy to protect the organization’s mission. Helped advance a positive reputation in a challenging political climate.
Marketing & Communications Strategy. Collaborated with organization’s President/CEO and Administrative Director to establish an advocacy communications strategy, integrated with an online component. The main goal was to protect the organization’s cablecast and PEG-access contract with the State of Hawaii.
Marketing Materials & Online Creative. Wrote press releases, media advisories, advertising copy (for print, radio broadcast), video scripts. Wrote, formatted and managed semi-monthly direct email updates, as well as a quarterly newsletter. Posted regular blog posts to the website. Oversaw the work of an online communications associate, a communications associate and an intern.
Grant Management. Collaborated with directors to write and manage grant proposals and reports.
Video Production. Helped support production team with scripts. Made on-camera appearances to interview political candidates running for office, or on major news events.
Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation Washington D.C.
Communications Coordinator May 2005 – Apr 2006
Communications Strategy & Tactics. Created the organization’s Annual Report. Told the stories of the humanitarian organization’s mission through newsletter copy, online web copy, and media relations tactics.
The Justice Project Washington, D.C.
Communications Coordinator Aug 2003 – May 2005
Communications Strategy & Tactics. Told the stories of innocents on death row to advance the organization’s mission to reform the criminal justice system. Skills included pitching media, developing press events, building communications strategies and supporting national coalition-building efforts.
Freelance Projects, Previous Work, Volunteer Experiences & Internships
- Chef Luna | Spanish Harlem NYC. Assisted this personal chef services company with developing web content and an online strategy. (Winterthur, Switzerland, 10/2013 – present)
- Compliance Group. Translated, proofread and edited website content for this compliance services company. (Zug, Switzerland, 12/2014)
- Coaching Without Borders. Developed an online communications strategy for this consultancy. (Zürich, Switzerland, 11/2012 – 01/2013)
- Works | San José. Volunteered as a Board Member for this community-run, member-owned arts non-profit (San Jose, Calif., 07/2008 – 12/2009)
- Luna Needs a Miracle! Self-published bilingual children’s book, coordinating copy and illustrations (San Jose, Calif., 2009)
- Starwood Vacation Ownership. Issued contracts for sale of vacation properties at Starwood’s Westin Resorts on Maui. (Lahaina, Hi., 04/2007-10/2007)
- Save Darfur Coalition. Coordinated a press event and comprehensive media junket for Mia Farrow returning from war-torn Chad (Washington, D.C., 11/2006)
- Group 360. A boutique public relations agency (Washington, D.C., 05/2003 – 08/2003)
- Edelman Public Relations. Provided research and tactical support (Washington, D.C., 01/2003 – 05/2003)
- PR 21. Interned during final semester in graduate school (London, UK, 06/2002 – 08/2002)
- Kortenhaus Communications. Interned at this boutique PR firm during graduate studies. (Boston, Mass., 10/2001 – 05/2002)