Experienced communications professional with proven project management abilities. I am an innovative thinker with a deep knowledge of communications strategy and wide-ranging marketing communications abilities. With working background in the Swiss and U.S. markets, I also have experience communicating effectively (listening and analysis) in several languages on a range of issues with contacts in other countries.
- More than 10 years in-house corporate communications, public relations, and media relations (proactive and reactive) experience.
- Experience developing and driving new initiatives with an eye for advancing strategic communications, as well as anticipating, managing and reframing controversial situations.
- Managing diverse teams and media training for C-level staff with a cool countenance under high-pressure situations, juggling tight deadlines and navigating complex regulations.
- Hands-on writing and editing experience on topics for a range of audiences and stakeholders. I have published dozens of articles, scores of ghostwritten opinion pieces, several scripts for video.
- Story placement in international and U.S. news outlets (such as CNN, the BBC and The New York Times).
- Well-traveled individual, with a diverse cultural background, multiple language skills, and an open-mindedness towards different approaches to living.
- M.Sc. Public Relations, Boston University College of Communication
- B.A. French Language & Literature, University of Maryland, Arts & Humanities
- A.A. Arts & Humanities, Franklin University Switzerland
- I.B. Washington International School
Languages & Skills
- English: Fluent
- French: Advanced (written and spoken)
- German: Advanced Intermediate. B2 Level (written and spoken). Also, communication abilities in Schwiizerdütsch.
- Spanish: Beginner, self-taught and still learning
- Italian: Beginner
- Light HTML skills, conversant with Adobe PhotoShop editing, familiarity with web-based email management software (iContact, Constant Contact and MailChimp).
- Basic video editing skills with Final Cut Pro and iMovie.
- Basic understanding of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, etc. and how they can be integrated into marketing campaigns.
- Writing, reading and blogging. (I have a soft spot for helping my entrepreneurial friends market their work. Usually, the first thing I tell them to do is to set up a WordPress blog.)
- Travel. I have a fondness for car travel. I love long walks — beaches, forests and cities rank high on my list. If I get to make an ass of myself pretending I speak and understand a language I never learned, I’ll likely be the first to ask for directions.
- Snapshot photography of incredible places. I enjoy composition most of all, but I’m also a sucker for “capturing” a memory (and, yes, this will include occasional selfies — but I have yet to duck-lip).
- Knitting, crochet, beading, painting and anything else involving my hands. I can be pretty crafty once I get started.
- Baking, when I should be writing or otherwise working. (I have a killer chocolate cookie recipe that makes the post-procrastination pain worth it!)