Should I be writing a Bio here?
Hi! Thanks for visiting my website! I put this together because — well, people have been asking me for this. They’re shocked when I tell them the number One thing they should be doing is setting up a website — and I don’t even have one of my own. But that is a discussion for another blog post at another time.
My name is Cynthia. Sometimes people call me Cyn. I’m fine with either, so long as you feel free to call me (or contact me).
I was born in Trinidad to a Trinidadian father and Swiss mother. (My brother was born in Canada.) But I pretty much grew up in Washington, D.C., learning French and attending classes with non-native English speakers. These days, I find myself speaking Schwiizertütsch, German, French, English, and even a little Italian and Spanish at any given point in the day. I’m an introvert, but I’m not shy.
As a communications professional, I love great conversation, engaging copy and making contacts. I’m willing to try nearly anything once and always interested in hearing out the next new and big idea.
- You can see a list of the companies who employed me here,
- A list of the clients who hired me for projects here, and
- Here’s the run-down of my work experience and professional summary–if you’re a headhunter or thinking about having a new member on your team.
My passions include writing, eating chocolate, travelling, snapshot photography, and taking the risk of pursuing my dreams — among other things.
Five Fast Facts About Me:
- I moved to Switzerland in 2012. (A dream I had put off since high school.)
- I am working on a novel. This time, I can actually see how it ends. (I think I’ll be writing about the experience on this blog.)
- I believe salt is an oft-overlooked ingredient in today’s cuisine (and conversation).
- I have a corny sense of humor. (Shocking, I know!)
- I used to practice saying the alphabet backwards in case I ever got pulled over for drunk driving. (I used to worry that I wouldn’t be able to do this, even if I hadn’t had a drink!)